[Mondrian] xmla over olap4j server

Michele Rossi michele.rossi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 04:35:36 EDT 2011

[ re sending to the whole list as requested by Julian ]

Hi Julian,
I've completed the first stage of the xmla-over-olap4j work.

I still haven't found out how to create patch files - it can probably be
done using the p4 client, I will look at it tomorrow.

For now I am attaching to this email the three files that I updated and an
example web.xml that shows how the servlet could be deployed.
You can find most of my changes easily by searching for [MROSSI].

Initially I tried to split out the servlet from the rest of the Mondrian
codebase but the dependencies are many and go fairly deep.
I am not sure that such an endeavour would be very valuable.
After all there is nothing wrong in just using the whole mondrian jar as it
is.

I've tested my code using Excel and the SimbaO2X adapter.
I can successfully connect to a Foodmart olap database in the following way:

Excel-->Simba-->My Server with the modified DefaultXmlaServlet-->Olap4j Xmla
Driver-->A standard mondrian installation with a standard xmla servlet.

I will need to make some more changes to handle the credentials passed by
Excel in the XMLA requests.
I did most of the work last year but never contributed it back.

What do you think?
How do you think I should proceed from this point?

Many thanks!
Michele