[Mondrian] non unique members of foodmart's [Customers] level

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Wed Apr 6 18:15:42 EDT 2011

The olap4j specification doesn't require that a driver always gives out the
same java object for a given OLAP object. If you want to check whether two
objects are 'the same', use the .equals() method. (Or use
.getUniqueName().equals() if you prefer.)

I believe that the driver generates wrapper objects. If you access the same
member at different times, you might get a different object every time.

(Don't worry about performance. Given how efficient java gc is these days, I
reckon that it is cheaper to create a new wrapper each time than to maintain
a hashtable to ensure that we always give out the same object every time.
The table would have to be thread-safe, would require at least 4 pointers
per Map.Entry, et cetera. When writing the driver, we made sure that wrapper
objects are immutable, very cheap to construct and contain very little
data.)

Julian

  _____