[Mondrian] how to run the standard test suite of Mondrian

Michele Rossi michele.rossi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 06:42:19 EDT 2011

Hi,
I am having similar issues, I think it's a bit tricky to work on Mondrian in
Eclipse.
Perhaps most of the problems are to do with the fact that Mondrian supports
both JDBC 3.0 and JDBC 4.0 at the same time.

Julian - is supporting JDBC 3.0 and older versions of Java still a strong
requirement?

Perhaps at some point we could drop the support for Java 5.0 and people that
don't want to upgrade could always use old versions of Mondrian?
After all Java 6.0 with JDBC 4.0 was released in December 2006, 4 years and
4 months ago.

If we did that and used Maven we would obtain automatic eclipse integration.
You could change a line of code, hit ctrl+s and run your tests again from
eclipse to verify that your new code works.

I only mean to throw in some ideas, not to criticise - I think that Mondrian
is great!

thanks,
Michele