[Mondrian] [Installation] Problem setting environment variables

Venkatesh U venkatesh20 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 07:51:14 EDT 2010

I never downloaded xalan.jar, I think Mondrian's latest build is using ivy
and downloads all the depend jars itself. All you need to do is to extract
the src zip ( say for eg. mondrian-3.2.0.13583-src.zip), install ant and set
ANT_HOME as env variable, then get in to the folder extracted folder
(mondrian-3.2.0.13583) and run ant. The default task in the build.xml is
<all>. This gets all the dependent libraries that you need to play with
mondrian code. After running the ant once, open the source folder as a
project in eclipse. If you are using jdk 1.6 delete the file
mondrian/olap4j/FactoryJdbc3Impl.java, if you are running below 1.5 then
delete the file FactoryJdbc4Impl.java. ( Build already excludes the files
appropriately while building the Jars) this is to avoid errors in eclipse.
Setup the file mondrian.properties and pass it as an argument to cmdrunner
with -p option. Then start running CmdRunner.java, you ll be able to run MDX
queries in the console.

Note: The latest source mondrian-3.2.0.13661 has some build issues, hence
use the prior version mondrian-3.2.0.13583 which builds without any issues..

Good Luck

Venki