[Mondrian] Cache is not being used.

Venkatesh U venkatesh20 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 23:07:17 EDT 2010

Hi,
it does not roll up from the cache, but when a NonEmptyCrossjoin is fired,
it issues group by statement to calculate the aggregates at each possible
level, so my expectation is if i issue a crossjoin cache will contain the
values for all possible dimension combinations below the attempted crossjoin
and from what I have tested, this is working fine up to 6 dimensions.

what i mean here is
CJ(a,CJ(b,c))     < CJ- Crossjoin>
for this cross join mondrian issues SQL as

sum() without group by
group by a
group by b
group by c
group by a,b
group by b,c
group by c,a
group by a,b,c

In this case I am issuing a crossjoin of  8 dimensions and the SQL queries
are fired the same way mentioned above. The problem is when I issue the same
8 dimension crossjoin query again, it does not use the cache, which works
well in case of dimensions less than 5.

Thanks,
Venkatesh