[Mondrian] RE: Eigenbase perforce change 13913 for review

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Wed Nov 17 15:17:06 EST 2010

Please don't do that. We are always getting test failures caused by someone
having updated logs for databases X and Y but not Z.

Even if log files weren't an issue, I believe that we should define data
types in the mondrian schema, not inherit them from the database schema.
People might want a measure stored in a NUMBER(38, 0) column in Oracle to be
represented as a java int. We should let them.

In physical schemas, to be introduced in mondrian-4, you will be able to
define the data types of the columns.

Julian

  _____