[Mondrian] RE: Eigenbase perforce change 13913 for review

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Tue Nov 16 17:20:06 EST 2010

> Luc Boudreau wrote:
>
> http://p4web.eigenbase.org/@md=d&c=6PU@/13913?ac=10
>
> Change 13913 by lucboudreau at luc-mondrian-3.2 on 2010/11/16 06:48:42
>
> 	MONDRIAN-613 Missing xsd:type attribute in drill-down
> rowset makes Excel 2007 crash. Also, when returning a
> drillthrough query result, use the actual DB specified type
> for the row set XSD infos rather than the schema infos.

Luc,

The trouble with inferring the XML type from the database type is that the
database type is different for every database. So, your change has broken
the drillthrough tests in XmlaBasicTest on oracle. The previous behavior was
mostly a matter of expediency, to avoid maintaining multiple ref logs, one
for each database.

Any ideas how to fix this?

As it happens I'm working on XMLA drillthrough support right now, so the
test exceptions had me mighty puzzled for a while.