[Mondrian] Mondrian Cache

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Sun Mar 21 17:56:56 EDT 2010

Both of these are reasonable feature requests. We could have a logger &
given tracing level that prints out every request for a base cell (i.e. a
cell that comes from the database, not involving any calc members) and
whether it was a hit or a miss. And also print all cells retrieved by a
fetch from the database. (We often fetch more cells than were asked for.)

Cache size is simple: it is JVM max memory. However, it makes sense to print
the cache hit ratio for each query.

Please log feature requests for these. Or better, contribute them.

I am a bit worried that if we implemented these, people would start
obsessing about achieving a 100% hit ratio... but I guess that's a matter
for them and their therapist. :)

Julian

  _____