[Mondrian] RE: Hudson build became unstable: mondrian-3.2 #20

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Mon Mar 15 15:09:06 EDT 2010

> Kurt wrote:
>
> The warning in the log is:

/build/hudson/jobs/mondrian-3.2/workspace/testsrc/main/mondrian/test/TestCon
text.java:1220: warning - Tag @link: reference not found:
> org.olap4j.layout.CellSetFormatter
>
> There are also compile errors for FactoryJdbc4Impl
>
> [javadoc]

/build/hudson/jobs/mondrian-3.2/workspace/src/main/mondrian/olap4j/FactoryJd
bc4Impl.java:93: cannot find symbol
>   [javadoc] symbol  : class RowId
>   [javadoc] location: class
> mondrian.olap4j.FactoryJdbc4Impl.EmptyResultSetJdbc4
>   [javadoc]         public RowId getRowId(int columnIndex) throws
> SQLException {
>

> I didn't have any changes to these files.  Any idea how my
> changes could
> have caused the failure?

I looked into the javadoc issue further. The javadoc test ought to work on
jdk1.5 and jdk1.6. On jdk1.5 errors regarding  JDBC 4.0 classes such as
RowId are expected, but the test filters these out. You didn't introduce any
javadoc errors.

The issue was that http://www.olap4j.org/api/package-list was temporarily
unavailable (javadoc uses package lists to figure out which sites to
generate external links to). I expect that this was a temporary glitch --
e.g. DNS flakiness -- and we can safely ignore it.