[Mondrian] Re-Post: Wrong behaviour using NOT EMPTY clause in MDX queries with compound slicers

sergio.ramazzina at serasoft.it sergio.ramazzina at serasoft.it
Tue Mar 9 05:07:35 EST 2010


Hi Julian,

sorry if I repost my problem in this thread but I hope that
you have a look at it to know if and where it would be
solved. Unfortunately my knowledge of Mondrian internals is
not so deep to propose a patch by myself.

Thank you very much for your help. Regards

Sergio

================================================================================

I get a strange behaviour while making an MDX query on
modrian using the
NOT EMPTY clause together with compound slicers.

The problem is summarized below:

- If I made an MDX query applying the compound slicers
functionality but
without using the NOT EMPTY clause the result given by the
system is correct
- as soon as I apply to the same query the NOT EMPTY clause
the query
gives me a different set of rows. The set of rows returned
applying the
NOT EMPTY clause doesn't contains all the rows returned
without appying
it (they are less in number respect to the case without
using the NOT
EMPTY clause).

I opened the following jira case

http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-703

attaching a sample that can help you in reproducing the
problem. Copy
the attached .analisysview.xaction file under Steel-Wheels,
refresh
repository cache and open the analisys. After you viewed the
results
without the NOT EMPTY clause, press the NOT EMPTY button on
the toolbar
and you'll see a different set of lines as described above.

Regards


Sergio



More information about the Mondrian mailing list