[Mondrian] Aggregate Generation

mydb mydb mydbline at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 19:39:24 EST 2010

Hi all-

I am interested in working on Aggregate generation modules
(Aggregation Designer 1.0).

I would like to start with studying different algorithms for Aggregate
generation.

>From the community web page I found this paper.

[AAD+96] 	S. Agarwal, R. Agrawal, P. M. Deshpande, A. Gupta, J. F.
Naughton, R. Ramakrishnan, and S. Sarawagi. On the computation of
multidimensional aggregates. In Proc. 22nd VLDB, pages 506-521,
Mumbai, Sept. 1996. [pdf]

Does any one know more resource, especially for how to generate the
best set of aggregate tables based on usage, are there any algorithms
for that ? (above algorithm produces all possible aggregate tables.)

How does 'Aggregation Designer 1.0' develops aggregate tables? What
algorithm it uses, if I want to contribute in this area where do I
start?

Thanks in advance.
Chandu.