[Mondrian] Seeking advice on sorting the catalog list

Rui Gonçalves rui.pinho.goncalves at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 14:13:01 EDT 2010

In PUC, the "New Analysis View" dialog schema list is not sorted. When you
have several schemas is quite difficult to find the desired one.
I'm not familiarized with the mondrian source code neither with mantle
source code.
Didn't seem to find any way of sorting the schema list through
configuration, is there any?

Assuming there isn't, I need some code modification.

There are some possibilities to do it, each one with specific implications.
Not knowing the API's, I would like some advice on where to apply the
modification.
The possibilities to sort the list that I have observed are:
1 - sort  catalogCubeHashMap in
org.pentaho.mantle.server.MantleServlet.getMondrianCatalogs (doesn't seem a
very good idea, but seems to be PUC only), or;

2 - in
org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.mondrian.catalog.MondrianCatalogHelper.transformIntoCatalogList,
sort the variable localCatalogs on MondrianCatalog.name (seems better but
don't really know the impact of doing it here), or;

3 - is there a way to retrieve
org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.mondrian.catalog.MondrianCatalogHelper.readDataSourcesContent
in an ordered way (what?) or at least in the same order that the catalogs
are in the datasource file, or;

4 - ... and now for something completely different ...

Any advice would be welcome.
Thank's
Rui Gonçalves