[Mondrian] RE: Conditional Formatting

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Sat Jun 12 12:03:49 EDT 2010

Yes, there is a semi-standard way of formatting values to include style
information. I believe that it started with Micrsoft OLAP Services, and for
JPivot we adopted the same standard. (Although now when I search, most of
the examples using this are Mondrian-related.)

I believe that the leading '|' is the clue that style information is
present. But the standard is essentially arbitrary, and I don't know whats
supposed to happen if the formatted value actually starts with a '|'.

You could start a new standard. It's definitely possible to return the style
in a different calc member. As long as you document what analyzer is
expecting.

Julian

  _____