[Mondrian] Notifying the OLAP client that data has changed on the server

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Fri Jun 11 21:37:51 EDT 2010

There's a discussion on the olap4j forums about how the OLAP server could
notify the client that the current cellset has changed:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/olap4j/forums/forum/577988/topic/3737252

It would be really nice if an update to the data warehouse caused a few
cells on the screen to change value. The cells could even change color for a
few seconds.

The big question is, if we added this functionality to mondrian and olap4j,
could the existing clients make use of it? I'd love to hear from the authors
of PAT, Analyzer and JPivot.