[Mondrian] Parameterized Mondrian Queries in PRD

waw at 1783.com waw at 1783.com
Tue Jul 20 10:18:50 EDT 2010

After looking through Julian's Jira note and looking through MDX notes a bit more, I am wondering if the Parameter function is working in PRD. I have created a parameter query that creates a member string : {[Client Location].[Clients].[CLIENT1]}. The string is part of the PRD MDX Query like the following

select strToMember(Parameter("SetofClients", STRING, "[Client Location].[Clients].[All Clients]"))) ON COLUMNS,
 Crossjoin(Hierarchize({[Monthly Period].[2010]}), {[Measures].[Count of Employees], [Measures].[Count of Declined], [Measures].[Count No Record], [Measures].[Count Requested But No Vaccination Record], [Measures].[Count Vaccinated], [Measures].[Count Vaccinated Elsewhere], [Measures].[% Vaccinated], [Measures].[% Declined], [Measures].[% No Record]}) ON ROWS
from [Monthly Influenza Summary]

The query works fine when not parameterized. So, looking at Jira and the forums, I am wondering if I am chasing ghosts. The Advanced OLAP option in PRD is not well documented, so I am not sure how to build a completely dynamic MDX query in PRD. Any thoughts or direction is greatly appreciated.

BR/Bill W.