[Mondrian] PRD Parameters for Mondrian Query

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Mon Jul 19 19:38:52 EDT 2010

Sounds like the fix to http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-725 will help
you.

Julian

  _____

From: mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org [mailto:mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org] On
Behalf Of waw at 1783.com
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 3:59 PM
To: mondrian at pentaho.org
Subject: [Mondrian] PRD Parameters for Mondrian Query

I have looked through the forums, KB and other online resources but cannot
find a means to allow for a dynamic set of column members. I have a multi
value parameter in PRD with the following MDX.

WITH SET [Client Location].[Clients].[SelectedClient] AS
StrToSet(Parameter("SetofClients", String, "([Client
Location].[Clients].[CLIENT1], [Client Location].[Clients].[CLIENT2],
[Client Location].[Clients].[CLIENT3], [Client
Location].[Clients].[CLIENT4])"))})'
select [Client Location].[Clients].[SelectedClient] ON COLUMNS,
  NON EMPTY Crossjoin(Hierarchize({[Monthly Period].[2010]}),
{[Measures].[Count of Employees], [Measures].[Count of Declined],
[Measures].[Count No Record], [Measures].[Count Requested But No Vaccination
Record], [Measures].[Count Vaccinated], [Measures].[Count Vaccinated
Elsewhere], [Measures].[% Vaccinated], [Measures].[% Declined],
[Measures].[% No Record]}) ON ROWS
from [Monthly Influenza Summary]

I am not sure what is going on, but I get no results. I can select "CLIENT1"
or any combination without anything being displayed. The report query seems
to be correct as I get the green dot in PRD, so I am not sure what is
happening. Is there anyway to see what is being generated? Any ideas?

I really do not like listing set in the StrToSet function as I do not want
to hardcode the clients in the hierarchy list.

BR/Bill W.