[Mondrian] RE: Excel 2007 Support

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Mon Jan 18 05:21:01 EST 2010

Calum,

Looks mostly good, but it seems a bit strange that member properties all
have the same name. They're all called 'Store' in your reference log:

                                <Tuple>
                                    <Member Hierarchy="Store">
                                    <UName>[Store].[All
                                    Stores].[USA].[WA].[Bellingham].[Store
2]</UName>
                                    <Caption>Store 2</Caption>
                                    <LName>[Store].[Store Name]</LName>
                                    <LNum>4</LNum>
                                    <DisplayInfo>0</DisplayInfo>
                                    <PARENT_UNIQUE_NAME>[Store].[All
Stores].[USA].[WA].[Bellingham]</PARENT_UNIQUE_NAME>
                                    <Store>Small Grocery</Store>
                                    <Store>Smith</Store>
                                    <Store>28206</Store>
                                    <Store>22271</Store>
                                    <Store>3561</Store>
                                    <Store>2374</Store>
                                    <Store>true</Store>
                                    <Store>5203 Catanzaro Way</Store>
                                    </Member>
                                </Tuple>

Please clarify this point and I can check in.

I agree that we should only return slicer members that are explicitly
mentioned in the WHERE clause. As you know previous behavior was to return
all members, including implicit members, ContentType=Data but not if
ContentType=DataOmitDefaultSlicer.

I've changed the default behavior to include only explicit members. This is
the behavior for ContentType=Data, SchemaData, or DataOmitDefaultSlicer. In
fact Data and DataOmitDefaultSlicer now have identical behavior. I've added
a new ContentType value, ContentType=DataIncludeDefaultSlicer, if people
want the current behavior, that is, to return all members even implicit
ones.

Julian