[Mondrian] Cancel Support

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Thu Jan 7 14:28:32 EST 2010

I've not heard of any such efforts. It would definitely be a useful feature.
Can you please log a jira request as a placeholder.

Also, it would allow us to implement cancel in the XMLA olap4j driver. (So
I'm Cc:ing the olap4j devel list.)

We'd have to think a bit about session support. The XMLA server uses
connections from a pool, so the session id would not map directly onto an id
of the back-end mondrian connection. The session concept would therefore
have to be introduced in the web layer. We'd have to ensure that connections
timeout and go away after some period of time (not hold resources forever)
and ensure that session ids are not recycled. My hunch is that we should
leverage services from the web container to get session support.

Julian

  _____