[Mondrian] RE: Greenplum Dialect

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Sat Jan 2 18:33:04 EST 2010

> Calum Miller wrote:
>
> 2 DialectTests fail
>       [java] 1)
> testRequiresFromQueryAlias
> (mondrian.test.DialectTest)mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian
> Error:Internal error: query [select * from (select * from
> "sales_fact_1997")] failed
>       [java] Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR:
> subquery in FROM must have an alias
>
>       [java] 2)
> testDialectVsDatabaseProduct
> (mondrian.test.DialectTest)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
>
> I shall investigate further

Any insight? I can't tell what's happening without a stack. It's possible
that the dialect correctly represents Greenplum's capabilities, the SQL
which is expected to fail does indeed fail, and the test just needs to know
what error message to expect.

> > Julian wrote:
> >
> > As the final part of making greenplum an 'official'
> dialect, can you
> > also
> > give me a few lines to add to mondrian.properties. Every database
> > has some
> > sample property settings; for instance, this is the section for
> > postgres:
> >
> > # Postgres: needs user and password
> > #mondrian.foodmart.jdbcURL=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/FM3
> > #mondrian.foodmart.jdbcUser=postgres
> > #mondrian.foodmart.jdbcPassword=pgAdmin
> > #mondrian.jdbcDrivers=org.postgresql.Driver
>
> mondrian.foodmart.jdbcURL=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/foodmart?
> user=gpadmin&password=xxxx
> mondrian.foodmart.jdbcUser=foodmart
> mondrian.foodmart.jdbcPassword=foodmart
> mondrian.jdbcDrivers=org.postgresql.Driver
> #driver.classpath=lib/postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc3.jar

Thanks. Have added in change 13280.

> >> Hopefully, I'll get a chance tomorrow morning to forward some Excel
> >> 2007 test cases

Any progress with these?