[Mondrian] Wrong behaviour using NOT EMPTY clause in MDX queries with compound slicers

Tom Barber tom at wamonline.org.uk
Mon Feb 22 17:16:00 EST 2010

>From the Forums but i told Sergio to post here:

I get a strange behaviour while making an MDX query on modrian using the
NOT EMPTY clause together with compound slicers.

The problem is summarized below:

- If I made an MDX query applying the compound slicers functionality but
without using the NOT EMPTY clause the result given by the system is
correct
- as soon as I apply to the same query the NOT EMPTY clause the query
gives me a different set of rows. The set of rows returned applying the
NOT EMPTY clause doesn't contains all the rows returned without appying
it (they are less in number respect to the case without using the NOT
EMPTY clause).

I opened the following jira case

http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-703

attaching a sample that can help you in reproducing the problem. Copy
the attached .analisysview.xaction file under Steel-Wheels, refresh
repository cache and open the analisys. After you viewed the results
without the NOT EMPTY clause, press the NOT EMPTY button on the toolbar
and you'll see a different set of lines as described above.

Regards

S.
______