[Mondrian] CacheFunDef.unparse()

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Fri Feb 5 14:13:48 EST 2010

I presume because Cache is introduced as a physical optimization and the
query has the same semantics if it is not present.

The planner introduces Cache in certain circumstances such as directly under
a Rank function. Maybe the planner is not smart enough to not introduce it
twice.

Because of these issues, I'd rather that these kind of optimizations didn't
modify the MDX parse tree at all. In other words, Cache shouldn't be a
function, it should be a Calc. But it is what it is.

Julian

  _____