[Mondrian] mondrian.rolap.RolapMemberBase cannot be cast tomondrian.rolap.RolapCubeMember

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Sun Dec 12 06:18:20 EST 2010

I have fixed  <http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-762>
http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-762 in change 13965. I have verified
that the bug you logged for this issue,
<http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-762>
http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-762, is a duplicate. I suspect that
http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-782 is a duplicate also.

Julian

  _____

From: Martijn van den Broek [mailto:mjbroek at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 2:10 AM
To: jhyde at pentaho.com; Mondrian developer mailing list
Subject: Re: [Mondrian] mondrian.rolap.RolapMemberBase cannot be cast
tomondrian.rolap.RolapCubeMember

Ok i managed to reproduce various times on different platforms using the
following instructions. I hope you have time to check it out and give us
feedback what we are doing wrong.. or is it a bug?

* Download and unzip
http://ws1.clusterix.basesoft.com/~martijn/mondrian/testcase.zip
* If not done already install tomcat, mondrian and libmysql-java (mysql
jdbc)
* If not done already install mysql jdbc driver into tomcat.. for ubuntu
this is:
  cp /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar /var/lib/tomcat6/lib/
* Import turnover.sql into mysql:
  cat turnover.sql | mysql -u root -p
* Copy (or edit) datasources.xml from testcase to mondrian (be sure to set
the correct database password):
  cp datasources.xml
/var/lib/tomcat-6/webapps/mondrian/WEB-INF/datasources.xml
* Copy turnover cube to mondrian:
  cp turnover.xml
/var/lib/tomcat-6/webapps/mondrian/WEB-INF/queries/turnover.xml
* Restart tomcat or reload datasources
* Run testcase a few times:
  python test_xmla.py

That should give the output:
exception: The Mondrian XML: mondrian.rolap.RolapMemberBase cannot be cast
to mondrian.rolap.RolapCubeMember (code: 00HSBE03)

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Martijn van den Broek <mjbroek at gmail.com>