[Mondrian] Union of dimensions.....

tom at wamonline.org.uk tom at wamonline.org.uk
Wed Dec 8 00:41:49 EST 2010

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }Hi
Guys,
 I have a requirement for a query where basically I take a large set
of unrelated dimensions, and a certain metric calculated about them,
and then sort by this metric value.
 Something like:
 MemberID, MemberName, MetricValue
 In SQL this would be achieved by a big fat union and then a wrapping
query where you sorted the values. But is this even possible in MDX?
 I was thinking about some very large super dimension which contained
every value at its lowest granularity created by some arbitrary SQL
and using that, but is there actually a "real" way to do this?
 Thanks
 Tom