[Mondrian] Implicit access right for calculated member formulas

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Thu Aug 12 18:04:18 EDT 2010

I agree that it might be useful if a calc member could see more than the
current role. It could then act as a 'gatekeeper', and be used for
fine-grained access control. (In most relational database, views work this
way.)

However, that's not the way it is currently intended to work. Making it work
differently would take a bit of effort.

And, in some cases people would want to keep the current behavior. Most, in
fact, because the new behavior would blow a hole in access control and make
the system vulnerable if calc members were implemented carelessly. So we
would need a member property to control whether the calc member runs in the
access control context of the current user or of the cube owner (i.e.
system).

If anyone would like this behavior, they should log a feature request.

Julian

  _____