[Olap4j-devel] [Mondrian] Convert Connection to OlapConnection

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Wed Apr 7 19:54:27 EDT 2010

Luc wrote:

Julian. Discussing with Jonathan Fuerth, I came to understand your point.
Olap4j does not promote a given MDX syntax nor should it ever do. I will
start a spin-off project able to provide external code with a MdxParser that
does not require a backend server connection.

That would be great. I can think of a couple of ways to do it.

One way to do that might be to provide a dummy driver. It might be easy:
just a driver class, a connection class, and the only thing you can do with
the connection is to call getParserFactory. Can't tell without looking at
the code.

Another way would be to have a way to instantiate a default parser factory.
Say MdxParserFactory.DEFAULT.createMdxParser(null). I don't mind adding that
to the olap4j API; I just didn't want an implementation class like
DefaultMdxParserImpl to be forever part of the official API.