[Mondrian] Convert Connection to OlapConnection

Luc Boudreau lucboudreau at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 18:57:43 EDT 2010

As of olap4j revision 307 (
http://olap4j.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/olap4j?view=rev&revision=307 ) the
default MDX parser does not depend on OlapConnection. It should not have
been dependent on it in the first place.

Mondrian developers: please modify the olap4j connection implementation and
remove the now deprecated call to DefaultMdxParserImpl(OlapConnection).
Modifications to the generic XML/A driver have already been performed.

This does not mean that DefaultMdxParserImpl is part of the public API yet.
There should be a default parser factory exposed to developers. In the
meanwhile, developers can directly instantiate it, but be advised that we do
not provide any guarantees on this object's signature and we reserve the
right to modify it in the future. To create a parser, developers can call
the empty constructor.

A compiled binary which includes those changes can be picked from the CI
server as of now :

http://ci.pentaho.com/view/Analysis/job/olap4j/258/

Luc Boudreau