[Mondrian] Array data type implemented?

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Thu Oct 22 16:17:26 EDT 2009

I don't believe that there is any mapping from an MDX type to a Java
double[]. So, no MDX expression would ever match the signature required to
call that function.

But, we could add a mapping:

1. It would be reasonable to pass in a set of members or tuples; each would
be evaluated, and its cell value converted to a double.

2. MDX does not have a type for an array of scalar values. We could add one,
but it would be a lot of work. I'd rather not go there.

3. Someone please investigate what Microsoft does. I believe that they tend
to serialize values as strings to pass them over the COM boundary to
user-defined functions. So I think they would use SetToArray here.

Andreas, Can you please log a feature request.

Julian

  _____