[Mondrian] Aggregate functions

Sebastián Beca sbeca at cognus.cl
Thu Oct 8 15:12:37 EDT 2009

Hello,

My company implements BI solutions based on Pentaho and Mondrian. On of the
biggest problems for our clients has been working with stock data, and
wanting to aggregate it along a Product dimension with SUM and along a Time
dimension with LAST. And the problem is that as far as we understand it is
not possible to use different aggregate functions along different dimensions
for a same measurement. The other problem is that the "last" function does
not exist.

My question is if there is any workaround to implement this kind of view in
Mondrian? Or are there plans to develop this functionality?

We have a team of developers here, could we possibly tackle the development
of this functionality or help out in any way? What would we need to know to
go at it?

Regards,

Sebastian.

--