[Mondrian] Aggregate tables and column / nameColumn - how is it supposed to work

Pedro Alves pmgalves at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 07:12:32 EST 2009

Hello everyone.

How are aggregate tables supposed to work when we use the nameColumn
attribute?

for a level that has <level name="[MyLevel]" column="id"
nameColumn="desc"... /> I noticed that RolapStar creates 2 different
entries: MyLevel (2) and MyLevel (Key) (3);

Problem: When the agg tables are created (per PAD suggestion) only the
mylevelid_Key column is created. This means the AggStar will contain
dimension (3), but when I create a query like MyLevel.Children it's
querying for (2); Result: fact table gets hit.

What am I missing?

ps: Should I be using nameColumn at all? What's the difference between
this as caption?

-pedro