[Mondrian] Comparation with Palo

Charly CLAIRMONT charly.clairmont at altic.org
Fri Mar 20 07:49:16 EDT 2009

Hi all !

Just to make a little answer about differences  between Palo and Mondrian.

Firstly, it's not the same approach. In OLAP technologie you have :
 - ROLAP, like Mondrian, the engine is based on a relational database to
expose dimensions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROLAP

 - MOLAP, like Palo, the engine has is own data storage and save data
directly in dimensional aspects...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOLAP

You also have HOLAP... and hybrid approach...

You have to pay attention about Palo if you store too many data inside a
cube... In a relational database you don't ask you this question...

Cheers...

2009/3/20 Lin Chun <franks1984 at gmail.com>

> hi
> I am a newer to open source BI. For the last days I've done some reseach in
>
> OSBI for finding a BI solution. Now I'm studying in OLAP server , while
> these are too projects Mondian and palo, but I cannot find any comparation
> between them in technique point of view also in bussiness point of view~
> Looking forward to your answers,Thanks

CCharly