[Mondrian] Performance degradation

Matt Campbell mkambol at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 11:03:16 EST 2009

During a run of a performance test we noticed a fairly significant increase
in query time for queries involving very large numbers of cells.  We
actually hadn't run this particular test in nearly a year, so the comparison
is between changelist 10915 and 12403.

The query is ridiculously large--nearly 200K tuples, intersected with 12
measures.  With 10915 this query ran in a little over an hour.  With 12403
it runs for over 5 hours.

I haven't investigated much yet.  I'm going to create simple Foodmart query
to try to reproduce, and then I'll try to narrow down where the bottleneck
is.  I wanted to post, though, in case anyone has thoughts about this.