[Mondrian] [Measures] dimension is equals any other [Measures]dimension.

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Sun Jun 21 16:43:05 EDT 2009

Thanks - I have logged  <http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-568>
http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-568 to track this.

  _____

From: Alexander Korsukov [mailto:akorsukov at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2009 11:52 PM
To: jhyde at pentaho.com; Mondrian developer mailing list
Subject: Re: [Mondrian] [Measures] dimension is equals any other
[Measures]dimension.

Hello, Julian.

See RoleImpl.getAccess(Dimension)

Dimension compared with dimensions from all cubes. I catch following
problem.

Have cube [CubeA] with measures [Measures].[MA1] and [Measures].[MA2] and
cube [CubeB]. Define roles:

<Role name="RoleA">
    <SchemaGrant access="none">
        <CubeGrant cube="CubeA" access="all">
            <HierarchyGrant hierarchy="[Measures]" access="custom">
                <MemberGrant member="[Measures].[MA1]" access="all"/>
            </HierarchyGrant>
        </CubeGrant>
    </SchemaGrant>
</Role>

<Role name="RoleB">
    <SchemaGrant access="none">
        <CubeGrant cube="CubeB" access="all"/>
    </SchemaGrant>
</Role>

When create mondrian connection with Role=RoleA, have access only to
[Measures].[MA1]. When create mondrian connection with Role=RoleA,RoleB,
have access to all measures from [CubeA]. Why? Because when check role RoleB
mondrian found [Measure] dimension of [CubeB] then equals to [Measure]
dimension of [CubeA] and therefore get access to all members of [Measure].

Alexander.

<mailto:xmpp%3Ashko at jabber.ru>