[Mondrian] MDX Expression like <Member> <Op> <String> failed

Alexander Korsukov akorsukov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 21:11:37 EDT 2009

Hello Julian.

I have not exactly understood what kind of testcase I should supply. I
can explain situation when I had a problem. I create function which
returns <String>:

<String> AbcTest(...)

returns one of ('A', 'B', 'C'). And than tried to use in MDX expression

with
    member [Measure].[M:Revenue ABC] as 'AbcTest(...)'

    member [Measure].[M:Revenue] as
        '[Measure].[Revenue]'
            , FORMAT = '|#,##0.00|color=' || Iif([Measure].[M:Revenue
ABC] = 'A', 'red', Iif([Measure].[M:Revenue ABC] = 'B', 'green',
'blue'))

as result catch exception in log. Because <Member> can not be cast to <String>.

--
Alexander Korsukov
mailto:akorsukov at gmail.com                icq:8572488
(2E0A2052)                        xmpp:shko at jabber.ru