[Mondrian] Mondrian API: Adding a condition to a Query object

Pedro Alves pmgalves at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:28:20 EDT 2009

> Sure. (By 'condition' I take it you mean adding a member to the slicer --
> not really a condition in the same sense as SQL's WHERE clause.) You can
> call Query.setSlicerAxis() to change the slicer expression.

Yep. I want to define a set of conditions (members or sets) and have my
entire system to act as if those conditions were in the MDX query (eg,
set a [Locations].[Portugal] as a sticky condition and travel through my
dashboards looking only for information about that country)

> It should work, but Mondrian's query model was not designed to be
> well-behaved. If you're doing a lot of work in this area, better to use
> olap4j, where the query model is one of the explicit goals.

I would love to, but unfortunately I'm writing a pentaho plugin, so I
don't have access neither to the user credentials or the db credentials
and pentaho doesn't give back a olap4j connection, so I'm stuck there.

One of this days I'll send an email to both the pentaho analysis team
and the olap4j developers hoping they'll sort that out ;)

-pedro