[Mondrian] Question on Measures and Dimensions

Shri Sastry dba at redesetgrow.com
Mon Jul 20 19:38:22 EDT 2009

Hello All,
     I am new to mondrian and MDX and I am hoping you experts can help
me figure out how to do the following.

I have a Dimension called Child Status which has 3 levels. Level1,
Level2 and Level3

I have a measure called percentgain which calculates the gain of scores
from period1 to period2. I know how to do till here.

Next I have to calculate the percentage of children in level1 who have
an average greater than the avg. of  level3. Basically I need to be able
to count the number of children in level1 who have an avg greater than
the avg. of group3. Each child record has an avg. value in the fact
table. In SQL I can get this with a sub select statement, but I don't
know how to do this in MDX.

I would be really greatfull if anyone can provide any hint/suggestion on
how I should work this.

Thanks a million to all of you
Shri