[Mondrian] Null pointer exception in SqlConstraintUtils

Franco Graziosi fg123 at fga-software.com
Mon Jul 20 05:00:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

Using Mondrian I faced from time to time two null pointer exceptions
generated
from mondrian.rolap.SqlConstraintUtils class.

First one is @ line 633:

       if (level instanceof RolapCubeLevel) {
           column = ((RolapCubeLevel)level).getBaseStarKeyColumn(baseCube);
       }

base cube is null from time to time.

I fixed it this way:

       if (level instanceof RolapCubeLevel && baseCube != null) {
           column = ((RolapCubeLevel)level).getBaseStarKeyColumn(baseCube);
       }

Second one is analogous at line 910:

           if (level instanceof RolapCubeLevel) {
               column =
((RolapCubeLevel)level).getBaseStarKeyColumn(baseCube);
           }

Fixed as:

           if (level instanceof RolapCubeLevel && baseCube != null) {
               column =
((RolapCubeLevel)level).getBaseStarKeyColumn(baseCube);
           }

I can't exactly understand why n=but sometime those functions were
called with a null cube
as parameter. After making this change I never got those runtime
exception again.
Can this change be incorporated in future Mondian versions?

Thanks very much to Mondrian developers for the excellent product!

fg