[Mondrian] Re: Mondrian mp factory classes

Eric McDermid mcdermid at stonecreek.com
Thu Jul 16 18:14:28 EDT 2009

I ran the whole suite, dumping stats for every Map.get().  While there
are some cases where using Flat3Map is suboptimal (map size > 3),
they're outnumbered nearly 10 to 1 by the cases where it is used
optimally.  Should be a net win overall.

If we really want to get serious about it I'm sure we can add some
information in those cases where we put the extra properties into the
map, but I'm not going to take that on just yet.  I'll log a JIRA
issue to remind us.

As a side note, 99.98% of the suboptimal choices were associated with
[Measures].[MeasuresLevel].  All of them had zero declared properties,
but either 4 or 5 "extra" properties.

  -- Eric