[Mondrian] RE: Mondrian mp factory classes

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Thu Jul 16 14:56:49 EDT 2009

> Eric wrote:
>
> Come to think of it, should I set the default to use a
> Flat3Map again
> (assuming the number of properties is 3 or less)? I haven't seen a
> response about the olap4j issue yet.

Sounds like a good idea to use Flat3Map as default. And you should be able
to do it now we've upgraded commons-collections.

But please try the following experiment first. Run the regression suite with
a verbose implementation of Map that prints to stdout (a) the level and (b)
how many properties there are set. We use the property map for certain
internal attributes, so you may be surprised how many properties are set on
average.