[Mondrian] RE: svn++

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Tue Jul 14 15:02:29 EDT 2009

> John Sichi wrote:
>
> I'm very happy to announce that we got Perforce->Subversion
> replication
> (one-way) working for the entire depot!  Big round of applause for
> Nicolae Mihalache, who worked around some problems with the p42svn.pl
> --changes option, allowing us to use incremental replication.
>
> You can find out more about how to access it here:
>
> http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/PerforceToSubversionReplication
>
> And no, you can't check in that way...Perforce is still the only
> read/write depot.

Many thanks for this, John and Nicolae. It will help people get the latest
source code without installing and learning perforce, which I know is alien
to a lot of people.

Some people will be asking whether they can submit patches based on the svn
source. Does someone know of a tool to generate patch files based on svn
diffs?

I have updated ohloh to point to this new repository, so now our the
mondrian analysis is up to date and will stay up to date. If you are a
mondrian contributor, fill in your details at ohloh.

I also registered farrago, fennel, and luciddb. I registered the //open/dev
branch, which unfortunately means that the people who integrate to that
branch get an unfair slice of the credit. But at least we get to see the
code breakdown

* mondrian: https://www.ohloh.net/p/mondrian
* fennel: https://www.ohloh.net/p/12114
* farrago: https://www.ohloh.net/p/12113