[Mondrian] Olap4j, pentaho and jndi

Will Gorman wgorman at pentaho.com
Wed Jul 8 17:15:03 EDT 2009

In order for Mondrian's OLAP4J Driver to share the cache with JPivot and
Pentaho's Action Sequences (MDXLookupRule), OLAP4J will need to connect
to Mondrian in the same manner using the same hash key, which in
connecting to Mondrian before OLAP4J required the connection strings to
be identical (I'm not familiar with OLAP4J enough to know if that's the
same process).

When connecting, Pentaho's BI Platform provides the native Mondrian API
with a javax.sql.DataSource object as well as a VFS path to the mondrian
schema file.  This same approach would need to be available in
Mondrian's OLAP4J Driver.  I don't know if it is or not.

Will