[Mondrian] Olap4j, pentaho and jndi

Luc Boudreau lucboudreau at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:45:51 EDT 2009

Hi Pedro,

You can initialize an olap4j connection by passing the following example as
a connection string to the Java JDBC DriverManager.

jdbc:mondrian:Datasource=jdbc/SampleData;Catalog=./foodmart/FoodMart.xml

The "jdbc:mondrian" part tells the java DriverManager to use Mondrian's
in-process olap4j driver. The "Datasource=jdbc/SampleData" part is the name
of the JNDI datasource you want Mondrian to use. And last, the Catalog is
obviously the place where Mondrian can find a catalog.

Luc Boudreau