[Mondrian] Bug in getNamedSet(List<Id.Segment> nameParts) ?

Pedro Alves pedro at neraka.no-ip.org
Thu Feb 19 13:40:41 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:28:00AM -0800, Julian Hyde wrote:

> There seems to be a contradiction in my rules of evaluation: I stated that
> when a set is evaluated, it is evaluated using the slicer as context, but
> not context from the axes. But this particular set is used during the
> evaluation of the slicer, so there's a cyclic dependency. Should this give
> an error? Or should it use the default member of the dimension?

I admit I was expecting it to behave like if the defaultMember was there;
but if an error was thrown, at least it would have saved me a couple of
hours debugging the code.

> Pedro, So that the time we have spent on this issue does not go to waste,
> can you do experiments on SSAS2005. Write some minimal queries to nail down
> its exact behavior with regard to the context that sets are evaluated in.
> Log a bug if mondrian is not consistent with SSAS2005.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a SSAS2005, but Matt Campbell
reported the exact same behaviour in 2000 and 2005, so if this is an issue,
mondrian is not the only one facing it

Pedro

--
Pedro Alves