[Mondrian] Bug in getNamedSet(List<Id.Segment> nameParts) ?

Pedro Alves pedro at neraka.no-ip.org
Wed Feb 18 12:18:36 EST 2009

Hello everyone

I'm having a problem with a query. This returns no results:

with set a as '[Product].Children'
  member [Product].[Filter] as 'Aggregate([a])'
select {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} ON COLUMNS,
  {[Promotion Media]} ON ROWS
from [Sales]
where [Product].[Filter]

and this works as expected (only difference being [Product].[All Products]):

with set a as '[Product].[All Products].Children'
  member [Product].[Filter] as 'Aggregate([a])'
select {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} ON COLUMNS,
  {[Promotion Media]} ON ROWS
from [Sales]
where [Product].[Filter]

If instead of .Children I use Descendants, It's the same behaviour

I know [Product] is a RolapDimension, while [Product].[All Products] is a
RolapMember;

But I don't know why there should be a difference in this syntaxes, since the
following queries work:

with set a as '[Product].Children'
  member [Product].[Filter] as 'Aggregate([a])'
select {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} ON COLUMNS,
  {[Product].[Filter]} ON ROWS
from [Sales]

with set a as '[Product].[All Products].Children'
  member [Product].[Filter] as 'Aggregate([a])'
select {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} ON COLUMNS,
  {[Product].[Filter]} ON ROWS
from [Sales]

Is this a bug or a expected issue? I'm using this in CDF and I'l like to make some
automatic exclusions, and got into this.

Thanks

--
Pedro Alves
pmgalves-at-gmail.com