[Mondrian] MonetDB [was: RE: Compilation]

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Sun Feb 15 19:31:55 EST 2009

I just tried to run it, using MonetDB-i386-20090120. I'm using Windows
Vista, but I use cygwin to launch things. I modified bin/loadFoodMart.sh as
follows:

# Load MonetDB.
#
# On Windows, MonetDB install creates a system DSN 'MonetDB'. Nothing
# else to do.
#
# On Linux, unixODBC needs to be configured. Not sure of the details.
monetDb() {
    export MONETDB="/c/Program Files/MonetDB/MonetDB5"
    export PATH="${MONETDB}/bin;${MONETDB}/lib;${MONETDB}/lib/bin;${PATH}"
    java -cp "${CP}" \
         mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader \
         -verbose -aggregates -tables -data -indexes \
         -jdbcDrivers=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver \
         -inputFile=demo/FoodMartCreateData.sql \
         -outputJdbcURL="jdbc:odbc:MonetDB"
}

On running loadFoodMart.sh, I get the error:

(mondrian.olap.MondrianProperties).
Parameters:
        -verbose
        -aggregates
        -tables
        -data
        -jdbcDrivers=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
        -inputFile=demo/FoodMartCreateData.sql
        -outputJdbcURL=jdbc:odbc:MonetDB

Main error
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcSQLWarning: [MonetDB][ODBC Driver 1.0]String data,
right-truncated
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLWarning(Unknown Source)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLGetInfoString(Unknown Source)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLGetInfoString(Unknown Source)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDatabaseMetaData.getInfoString(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDatabaseMetaData.getDriverName(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        at
mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader.load(MondrianFoodMartLoader.java
:281)
        at
mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader.main(MondrianFoodMartLoader.java
:266)
Finished load at: Sun Feb 15 16:27:44 PST 2009

I don't know whether this is the problem that you fixed. Let me know when
the patched version is available.