[Mondrian] RE: [Fwd: Re: Mondrian on MonetDB]

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Sat Feb 14 17:13:18 EST 2009

> Stefan de Konink wrote:
>
> I'm happy to give some feedback, in the last few days we have
> debugged
> MonetDB and Mondrian and we are able to say that it works. Still some
> remarks:
>
> 1) Our JDBC connection doesn't support writeable resultsets, I don't
> know if there are ever used in Mondrian if not, do not set
> 'writeable'
> and our JDBC should just do its job.
>
> 2) I got Mondrian to work using MonetDB/unixODBC/Sun
> ODBCJDBC, we found
> some issues in our ODBC code base, and were able to fix it, an SQL
> optimizer bug was fixed too. I expect this will be in the
> next release.

Stefan,

Glad you to it working. Did you get it through the mondrian regression
suite? If so, I'll add MonetDB to the list of engines Mondrian can support,
here:

http://mondrian.pentaho.org/documentation/installation.php#7_Database_compat
ibility

Can you also support a few example lines for mondrian.properties would be
useful. Along these lines:

# LucidDB
# (see http://docs.eigenbase.org/LucidDbOlap)
#mondrian.foodmart.jdbcURL=jdbc:luciddb:rmi://localhost
#mondrian.foodmart.jdbcUser=FOODMART
#mondrian.jdbcDrivers=com.lucidera.jdbc.LucidDbRmiDriver
#driver.classpath=/path/to/luciddb/plugin/LucidDbClient.jar

And any special instructions you needed in order to load the data. E.g. did
you need to modify MondrianFoodMartLoader.