[Mondrian] Hudson

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Mon Feb 2 16:29:56 EST 2009

Build guys,

Now we have Hudson online, I have a few questions about Hudson:

1. We still have one failure. How important is it to fix this? (I.e. is the
failure preventing anything from happening, such as generation of binaries
or code coverage?)

2. The cobertura report (
<http://ci.pentaho.com/job/mondrian/lastStableBuild/cobertura>
http://ci.pentaho.com/job/mondrian/lastStableBuild/cobertura ) is no longer
available. What's up there?

3. How difficult would it be to test one or more other configurations?
Important aspects of the configuration are JDK { jdk14, jdk15, jdk16 },
database { MySQL, Derby, Oracle, ... }, native evaluation { false, true }.
One other configuration (say (jdk16, Derby, native-eval=false)) would give
us good extra coverage.

4. The 'megatest' shell script tests multiple configurations. How difficult
would it be to run a shell script from hudson? If that's possible, megatest
could be our long regress, and we could just have one config for the short
regress. (Yeah, I used to run this on marmalade, but interpreting the build
results was a manual process and I got behind in this process.)

5. What are your opinions about having a long & a short regress? If so, is
the ideal time for the short regress?

By the way, there are a couple of options for making the short regress
faster: 1. Run against Oracle-XE (it's free-as-in-beer and easy to install
on Linux) not MySQL, 2. Don't generate code coverage.  (I note that it's ~1
hr right now, whereas build+regress against Oracle takes ~7 minutes on
marmalade.)