[Mondrian] JasperServer 3.7 Cache Improvements?

Nicholas Goodman ngoodman at bayontechnologies.com
Thu Dec 17 15:54:15 EST 2009

On Dec 17, 2009, at 12:23 PM, Sherman Wood wrote:

> The clustering improvements are related to coordinating Mondrian
> caches
> across machines that share a JasperServer repository, which contains
> Mondrian schema and connection metadata. There were no changes
> needed to
> Mondrian for this.

Thanks Sherman.  A generalized ability to share cache objects across
servers would be interesting to other people involved in the project,
I'd imagine.

I understand it is possible that no changes would have been required
to Mondrian for JasperServer to implement this feature.  Unless I'm
missing the context of the actual feature which is possible. I assume
you're not talking about caching MDX Result Sets, but rather
distributing/clustering the cache objects managed by Mondrian (Member,
segments, etc)?

If we're talking about Mondrian cache objects, did we all miss an
opportunity to share and improve Mondrian caching to benefit
everyone?  That, I think, remains the primary purpose of this list,
public source, permissive license, etc?

Nick