[Mondrian] Truncate decimal places in a measure aggregation

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Fri Aug 7 13:56:42 EDT 2009

I don't think you can achieve this using formatting alone. I think you need
to calculate a new measure.

Analysis Services has a Floor function (inherited from Excel) but it is not
implemented in Mondrian. So we can achieve the behavior using Round.
(Formula is a bit more complicated if [Dias] can be negative. Exercise for
the reader.)

<CalculatedMember name="Floor Dias" dimension="Measures">
    <Formula>Round([Measures].[Dias] - 0.5)</Formula>
</CalcMeasure>

Someone could contribute the Floor function. Code changes would be required
to Excel.java and ExcelTest.java.

Julian

  _____