[Mondrian] XMLA response size

Matt Campbell mkambol at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 13:52:50 EDT 2009

I think compression is a great idea, but it won't really help in our case,
since we have no control over the XMLA client (Cognos).  It'll actually be
the rare case where you could influence the HTTP request of a 3rd party
client.

And even if we *could* compress the response for Cognos, we would still have
a performance issue.  From what we've seen the bulk of the time is spent
processing the large response.  Network overhead is a fraction of that
(we're running over a gigabit network--network time for these responses is
milliseconds).

Given that, I'd still like to see a way to trim down the response. From a
scan of the spec I don't see anything that says that some content is
mandatory.