[Mondrian] Newbie: Multiple connectStrings

Saurabh Nanda saurabhnanda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 09:37:41 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to Mondrian so please excuse my stupid question.

I'm working off the Mondrian build distributed along with OpenI-2.0-RC1.

In the webapps/mondrian/WEB-INF/mondrian.properties file I can see:

mondrian.test.connectString=Provider=mondrian;Jdbc=jdbc:odbc:MondrianFoodMart;JdbcDrivers=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver;Catalog=/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml;

In webapps/mondrian/WEB-INF/web.xml I can see:

  <context-param>
    <param-name>connectString</param-name>

<param-value>Provider=mondrian;Jdbc='jdbc:derby:classpath:/foodmart';Catalog=/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml;JdbcDrivers=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver;JdbcUser=sa;JdbcPassword=sa;PoolNeeded=false;</param-value>
  </context-param>

This is for the FoodMart sample schema to work, which I don't want to
disturb. How do I configure Mondrian to connect to another database and
define it's schema separately? Can I define more than one connectString in
web.xml? Can I do it in mondrian.properties?

Saurabh.
--
http://nandz.blogspot.com
http://foodieforlife.blogspot.com